What information do we collect about our customers?
Traffic Data: Briight may collect a variety of visitor data such as IP addresses, browser settings, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and clickstream data (collectively “Visitor Data”). The Briight internal servers and software automatically recognize Visitor Data. No Personally Identifiable Information is collected in this process. The Site may use Visitor Data to compile traffic data about the types of visitors who use the Site at specific intervals (collectively “Traffic Data”). We may use Traffic Data to analyze Site traffic, but this information is not examined for Personally Identifiable Information. We may also use Traffic Data to diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, or display content according to your preferences. Visitor Data and Traffic Data may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, or advertisers on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
Personal Information: Briight requires each customer to provide us with personal information (collectively “Personally Identifiable Information”) to access and use Briight’s products and services. Personally Identifiable Information is captured only when a visitor accesses Online Services, or communicates with Briight, and willingly discloses that information. This disclosure may occur when a visitor registers with an Online Service, engages in transactions, contacts customer service, or participates in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, requests for suggestions, or other aspects of services offered by Briight. Personally Identifiable Information includes: (i) “Contact Data” (such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address); (ii) “Financial Data” (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information); (iii) “Demographic Data” (such as your zip code and sex); and (iv) other “Legal Data” (such as your social security number, company information, trade secrets, inventions, and idea submissions and other sensitive information necessary to generate legal documents).
We may collect the information of third parties as necessary, such as to ask our customers to indicate beneficiaries of a will, record shareholders of a company, or register authorized contacts to access their Briight account. Briight uses this information for the sole purpose of administering its services for our customers, and does not use such information for any other reason.
Testimonials and Reviews: We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com. We may also display customer reviews. If you provide a review that we display and wish to update or delete it, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calls/Electronic Communications: In the regular course of our business, Briight may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and Briight employees for training and quality assurance purposes. We may receive a confirmation when you open or click on content in an email from us, which helps us make our communications to you more useful and interesting. If you do not wish to receive email from Briight, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list on any of the emails we send.
How do we use the information we collect and do we share the information we receive?
We use information we collect from the Online Services to communicate with you, process your orders, facilitate your transactions with our third-party marketing partners, and inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you may receive a welcome email that confirms your username and password, and later receive communications responding to your inquiries, providing services you request, and managing your account. We occasionally send service-related announcements, for example, to alert you if we need to temporarily suspend the Site for maintenance.
Opting Out: We send promotional emails and newsletters from time to time to users who have registered on the site and to those who have opted in to receive such emails. Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related or transactional communications, which are not promotional. If you do not wish to receive service-related communications, you may terminate your account by contacting email@example.com. However, you can opt-out of promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose not to provide Briight with Personally Identifiable Information or you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may continue to use the Online Services and browse its pages. However, Briight cannot process orders without Personally Identifiable Information.
Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Contests: We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site, to measure customer satisfaction. If you participate, we may request certain Personally Identifiable Information from you. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes name, email address, and mailing address.
We share customer information with third parties only as follows:
- Order Processing: Briight, sometimes with the assistance of a third party or Briight subsidiary, may use your Personally Identifiable Information to process your payment through merchant account services, and to generate the products and services you order. Your Contact Data may be used to follow up with you on transactions you initiate through Online Services, respond to inquiries made through Online Services, inform you of changes to Online Services, and send you additional information about Briight and its products and services.
- Registered Agent Requests: If you designate a person or company other than Briight to serve as the registered agent for your business entity, Briight may provide your name and contact information to that party, if the designee requests.
- Third Party Marketing: Unless specifically authorized by you, we do not provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you express interest in a third party offer or purchase a package that includes a third party offer, we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to that third party solely in connection with the offer you have selected.
- Required by Law: We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legal request.
- Visitor Demographics: Contact Data and Traffic Data are used to gather general statistics about our customers and visitors. We may use Demographic Data to generate collective information about our users, but not in a way that identifies any user specifically. For example, we may inform third parties about the number of registered users and unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer or email service provider), or help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
Blogs and Forums: The Site may include a publicly accessible blog and interactive forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You should use caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information in these areas of the site. To request removal of your personal information from our community forums, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Other Transfers: We may share Personally Identifiable Information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Briight. If Briight is merged, acquired, or sold, or if some or all of our assets or equity are transferred, we may disclose or transfer Personally Identifiable Information and other data in connection with the associated transactions.
Accessing and changing your account
User and Authorized Contact Access to Order Information: Briight will give you, or anyone listed as an authorized contact for your account, information about your order. This may include information about the nature and status of your order, information you provided to process your order, payment information, and contact information. If you want someone to have access to your order, you must list them as an authorized contact or they may not obtain information.
If you no longer desire our services, or if you want to remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our Site, you may terminate your account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention: At minimum, we will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Briight may maintain some or all of this data in its archives even after it has been removed from the Site.
How secure is the personal information we collect?
Our Commitment to Data Security: We strive to make certain that our servers and connections incorporate the latest encryption and security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Credit card and personal information are transmitted by secure servers (SSL). Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from the Site, Applications, or through the use of our services, and you provide this information at your own risk. ACCORDINGLY, WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH USE OF OUR WEBSITE, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER SERVICES PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT SUPPORT@BRIIGHT.IO.
Copyright | Briight 2021